Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Know How It Feels To Be Lonely - Morgana King

Tomorrow Never Knows
I Know How It Feels to Be Lonely
Morgana King
Produced by Pete Spargo
Arranged and Conducted by Jimmie Hazard
Engineer: Lee Herschberg
Remix Engineer: Dave Greene
Cover Photo: Don Ornitz
Liner Photo: John Engstead
Art Direction: Any R. Lehman
Verve V6-5061
1968

From the back cover: Morgana King sings sotto voice but her impact registers on the seismograph at Cal Tel. She is, as the French say, "a friend of the heart."

The ingredients are there: the musical soul of her Sicilian heritage, early dramatic training; long and educating maturation as an artist; the minor key wail of Hebrew chants absorbed as if by osmosis from her nearness to a neighborhood synagogue; an ear-opening exposure to the rhythms and quiet style of South America; a life of highs of total acceptance and the soul-tearing lows of tragedy. All of these are in the interpretations of the songs she sings. She is, like all great singers, first and foremost an interpreter, a sensitive actress with the added, blessed lagniappe of a classic vocal instrument.

Tomorrow Never Knows
Since I Fell For You
Sunshine Superman
Warm Eyes And Bright
Didn't We
Feelin' Groovy
I Know How It Feels To Be Lonely
Eleanor Rigby
I Can Do A Trick
Where Am I Going
Got To Get You Into My Life
Only Know I Loved You

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!