Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Frank D'Rone Sings

The Moon Is Blue
Frank D'Rone Sings
Mercury Records
MG 20418
1959

From Billboard - May 11, 1959: D'Rone presents a fresh, original sound to a group of fine standards. Backed by lightly swingin', unobtrusive arrangements he is heard to good advantage on such fare as "My Foolish Heart," "Spring Is Here" and "The Way You Look Tonight." He's equally at home on the ballads and up-times. Set is a natural jockey package, and with exposure, it could also sell.

From the back cover: And I can only hope that the entertainment business is as good to Frank D'Rone as it has been to me. He deserves every possible success not only because of his unquestioned talents, but because he's an awfully nice guy. – Nat "King" Cole

Love And The Weather
Yesterdays
I Could Write A Book
Everything Happens To Me
My Foolish Heart
Fascinating Rhythm
The Moon Is Blue
Sophisticated Lady
Joey, Joey, Joey
Spring Is Here
The Way You Look Tonight

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find this? I really want this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happened across this one in a local record store last week, picked up like most of the albums presented here, because I hadn't run across samples produced by the artist or seen examples the cover art before. Cheers! – Mark

      Delete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!